1 pack spring roll wrappers (12-6 sheets)
1 spring onion, finely sliced
10 oyster mushrooms, finely sliced
100g bean sprouts
½ carrot, cut into thin strips
½ red pepper, cut into thin strips
Vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
1 tbsp Yeo’s Plum Sauce
1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Yeo’s Light Soy Sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1/2 tsp salt and black pepper, to taste
- carefully separate each sheet of spring roll pastry.
Once separated, cover the pile with cling film so as not to let it dry out.
- marinade, mix together all the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish. Mix all the remaining ingredients (except oil) with the marinade. Leave to marinate for at least five minutes, ideally longer.
- Place some of the filling in the centre of each pastry. Fold the pastry over diagonally and ‘stick’ with water. Holding your fingertips over the roll, use your thumbs to roll the pastry slightly to enclose the filling. Fold in the sides and ‘stick’ again. Roll until fully closed and ‘stick’ again.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan or deep-fat fryer to 170C/340F. Carefully place each spring roll into the hot oil – you will need to do this in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan. Once browned and cooked through, carefully remove using a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with kitchen roll. Serve hot.
- Serve the plum sauce with the spring rolls in a small dipping bowl.